Thursday 23 February 2012

50's makeup style


After attempting to try out a Twiggy inspired eye makeup style we have decided to go with a more subtle 50’s makeup style. My attempt failed because the texture of the makeup wasn’t soft enough, this is probably because when Twiggy was shot on film they used soft focus, which created a doe eye look. In the photos that I took I tried as hard as I could to make the makeup look satisfactory however I know that if it were used in the music video it would look childish and not of a high quality. Looking at people such as Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe from the film ‘Gentlemen prefer blondes’ we have been able to replicate the makeup in a subtle way so that we can incorporate it into our video without it looking shockingly out of place against the muted colour scheme. 



No comments:

Post a Comment