Thursday 16 February 2012

Analysis of previous students work

http://www.youtube.com/user/CoombeMedia?ob=0&feature=results_main#p/c/62BEB4261739BE27/3/brnGBpupBlo

Some students from a previous year chose to create a music video for the song ‘Is He Really Coming Home’. After my first watch of the music video I liked it. It was cute, simple and the interlinking between narrative and performance wasn’t hard to distinguish however I also saw some flaws that if I were producing the same piece of work, would have changed. I found some of the edits were a little slow, particularly the edits in which she would clap to the beat. Over all the transitions from shot to shot were well done, but just those little bits slightly irritated me. Moreover, some parts the camera was shaking where I assume it wasn’t supposed to be, while other parts of the video used the movement of the camera to its advantage. Nevertheless the video had an abundance of good parts. I particularly like the whole feel of the music video; they really captured a retro London feel with all of the bright colours and her bold eye makeup. Furthermore, I liked the idea of the cathartic ending to the video as he finally opens the door. From this video I will take heed that planning in advance is an extremely important aspect and that improvising on the spot is not a good idea (which they clearly didn’t!) Additionally, look into colour scheme and decades that you might want to replicate, such as the 60s – 70’s in this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment