Monday 17 October 2011

Preliminary task


This is our preliminary task video where we had to create a music video for a 30 second clip of a song; this was done before the start of our A2 course and was used to compare the transition we make through our A2 Media course. For this I was in a group with Almaz, Iva and Abby who no longer attends Coombe Sixth Form. 
  

As this was my first attempt to create a music video I found a range of things difficult but also I found other things easy and pleasurable to complete. Creating a script was difficult, as I had to devise an idea out of nothing without any knowledge of conventions or codes that work in music videos. Nonetheless, as I’ve seen music videos before I have gained knowledge about similarities and differences that can be seen such as camera angles, video style in correlation to music style and frequency of cut and edits.
Playing the lead role in the task made my personal vision a lot easier to be brought to life, but with our group’s ideas being brought together, I personally found it hard to express what they wanted and do it to a high standard.
Over the time in which we planned for the filming we changed a lot of the ideas but I believe that our final outcome was of a good standard even without being taught all the correct information.
For our videos concept we wanted to create a world in which the character goes into, we expressed this through the use of cardboard. Giving the style a sugar sweet whimsical feel, similar to the video for ‘Float My Boat’ by The Mollies. Additionally we accentuated this through costume. And luckily the weather was nice so the sunny day again heightens the all over feel of the video.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment