Tuesday 27 March 2012

Gig poster


After looking at a range of different images and posters for older gigs I have finally produced my final idea. I took inspiration from the Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama and in my poster I have replicated a photograph of her which you can see on my previous blog post about posters and the digi-pack. I took advantage of the spaces within the circles and wrote down the location of the venue and the ticket prices. The venue I picked was XOYO a real cub in London, I’ve been there before and found the location nice, moreover the venue plays host to bands that are along the same lines as Bat for lashes (or in my case ‘Spectrum’). I picked Friday the 13TH of April 2011 for the date because it’s an interesting date and I’m sure it’ll catch people’s attention. To create the poster I used tools that were available on iPhoto to alter the saturation which changed the colour of the image. I also decreased the noise of the image so that it would look softer and more fluid and professional. In addition I slightly changed the contrast of the photo so that the colours created by the saturation change would look more vivid and replicate the photograph of Yayoi Kusama better. The only thing that I was upset was that I wasn’t able to make the background black like the photo of Yayoi nonetheless I am very pleased with my creation. I believe that this poster reflects what I wanted to present. Listening to Moon and moon it sounds calm and melancholy however an undertone of menace is felt by me, I wanted to play on the menace and express what else you can expect from the rest of the (imaginary) album. Because of that I believe that way I have presented the poster well.I also took a few other photos where I manipulated them for backups incase the red one didn't look as good.  IMPORATNAT MESSAGE! THE POSTER FOR THE GIG IS NOT REAL! THERE WILL NOT BE A SHOW AT XOYO FOR ‘SPECTRUM’ ON THE 13TH APRIL!!



No comments:

Post a Comment