Monday 26 March 2012

Looking into album artworks and images for poster ideas

I’ve looked at a range of different album covers from a range of different artists so to get a wide picture of what type of covers are out there and what could fit in with the image of our artist. Here are a few of my favourite which I believe I can incorporate some of the ideas into my own interpretation of the album cover for the artist.  
 Miike Snow -Happy To You 








Ladyhawke - Anxiety








Thomas White - Yalla!
 







For the poster I came across an image of and artist that I love. Yayoi Kusama is a Japanese pop artist who has a very impressive catalogue of work from over 4 decades. Flicking though Google images I came across this poser of her that I really liked. The whole colour scheme and boldness of the design really appealed to me and I could image picking up a flying in a music shop for a upcoming gig. Unlike the album cover I have decided on using this image for the poster because I believe it would appeal to what I believe would be the target audience; young and old alike, people who are into modern music the style of the image reflects what type of music its promoting) alternative and slightly on the side of macabre… 

No comments:

Post a Comment